One of most important aspects of riding a motorcycle is to know how to use perfectly the stop brakes. Many of you, might not agree with me about this position, but what is the most common thing we do either with motorcycle or a car? Pushing the brakes.
In this “how to” article, I will mention some useful tips how to handle the brakes properly and how to stop quicker.
- Before going for a ride, don`t forget to check the brakes. It doesn`t need to be every single day, but on a weekly basis will be perfect.
- One important notice to make here is that motorcycles are not like cars to have one pedal for the brakes and that`s it. If you want to stop urgently or the situation requires hard stops, you need to press both the front and the rear brakes at the same time.
- Let`s go in some detail here. In order to make the stop even more efficient and saver for you, you must press harder the brake on the rear wheel, and less brake force on the front wheel.
- It happened often, but you need to pay attention not to lose the rear brake until you stop FULLY! Without a doubt, this might lead to losing the motorcycle control and serious damages for you.
- There are situations that requires to stop accidentally and you might even fall. That`s why in such cases you have to use the left leg to land on the ground, while the right one is used to hold the brake pedal.
In my opinion these steps are enough to learn the basics of how to stop effective with your motorcycle with less damage for yourself.
At the end you need to get good motorcycle apparel and best choice in UK are the Bell Open Face Helmets.