Living in a big metropolitan city sometimes has it`s disadvantages, especially when you have to move from point A to point B. More people are driving motorcycles in order to escape big traffic jams and get home quickly.
So, how to ride safely in the big city traffic?
- Observation how other drivers will react. Always watch drivers’ heads and mirrors, because most of them will not lunge left or right without checking the mirrors or turning their heads left or right.
- Look at your mirrors with 101% cautions when you make certain moves on the road, but not always trust it, especially in urban areas. The Cars past very fast sometimes and your mirrors might not be able to track it. Motorcycle riders can turn their heads left/right easier than people in the cars. Do that if you are not sure.
- Never to try to get between a vehicle and off-ramp. Give an early signal that you`re going to make a left or right straight turn. Last minute “moves” have killed plenty of riders last year.
- Make sure you`re being noticed on the road, during the day, during the night or from distance. Always ride with your high beam during the day and wear brightly colored gear, especially pay attention on your helmet and motorcycle jacket.
- Be prepared every minute to step up the gas. Try to ride in a lower gear in traffic in order to be ready to extend the speed when it`s necessary or when you pass on yellow traffic light ( not recommended, but happens) .
There are others important tips to pay attention, when you ride a bike through the big city traffic, but I consider these one to be the most important. Remember to drive safely, be tolerate on the road and always wear protective motorcycle gears.
Leave a Reply