Without a doubt, after the motorcycle helmets, the next important gear from the motorcycle outfit is the boots. Even if you don`t want to get them or consider as irrelevant apparel, remember that the boots are protecting your feet from the regular contact with the ground, including every time you stop. In most cases your feet deserved high-quality motorcycle boots and I will present a few tips how to recognize a proper pair.
- Look for boots with laces, as this will protect your feet from slip-off during a spill.
- When you need to get waterproof boots, always test before you buy (if the store allows you to test). Some motorcycle boots claim to be waterproof, but in real action they are not.
- One of the great advantages to look for is the flexible ankle panel. Gives more protection to your foot.
- For both boot and foot protection gets a shifter pad. Reduce the undue stress.
- Between 1.5 and 3.5 inches is the optimal heel height. Even if you want to get higher heels, you risk your foot to become more difficult to move and to have a worse coverage of the brake.
- Last, but not least is to make difference between sports boots and touring & cruising boots. First, with touring boots is easier to walk in, rather than sports, because they are heavier. The uppers in the touring boots are usually at a right angle, while the sports boots the uppers cock forward to mimic the leg’s angle while riding.
These are some of key points to have in mind, whey you`re on a hunt for new pair of motorcycle boots.
Leave a Reply